Friday, August 08, 2008

When Valets Attack...

I could talk about the Rangers vs. Yankees game I went to Monday. I could talk about how it was probably the highest up I've ever sat at a Rangers game.

I could talk about how exciting it was with every last pitch in the bottom of the 9th wondering who was going to pull out a run to win the tie game. I could even talk about the walk-off GRAND SLAM that ended the game for a Rangers' victory.
But instead of having those things be the main memories I have of that game, I get to tell the story of how the valet lost the keys to my car. Yep, thats right....LOST MY CAR KEYS! After about an hour and a half of waiting for my car then to discover they couldn't find it, the only thing I could do was laugh. It really was an "it could only happen to me" moment. Here is Erin and I in a delirious state at about midnight.
Finally they decided to pay for a cab to take me to my house to get my spare keys and back. A little journey that got me home at 1:45am when I had to go to work the next day. It was really frustrating. They are being great though and paying to get my car rekeyed...since there is a set of car keys with my name, type of car, and license plate number attached to it. And I think I'm going to get some free Rangers tickets out of it too. That is pretty cool - although I would have preferred to just not have my keys lost in the first place!

*Note: I didn't actually pay $30 for parking....Lexus owners get free valet at the ballpark. I htought it was a pretty nice perk until now! Haha!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

that is so funny!