Thursday, April 16, 2009

Roomie Weekend 2009

Over Spring Break, I had my 4th annual Roomie Weekend with my college roommates.  After last year's jaunt to Chicago, this year they all came to DFW and stayed at my house.  We had a FANTASTIC, action-packed weekend.

We went and ate lunch at Chef Point Cafe right by my house.  It is a gourmet chef who couldn't get a loan to open a restaurant, so he got a loan to open a gas station and put his restaurant in the convenience store!  It was on Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives this past weekend so it was cool to get to eat at it before the show aired!

Front row: Deborah, Lindsay, Lindsay's sister Melanie.  Back: Nichole, Me
Then we went to the Grapevine Chocolate Festival.  That's right.  A chocolate festival!  You went through booths and got samples of all different kinds of chocolates from different places. Sooo good and I pretty much made myself sick.


Later Saturday night, we went to Pete's Piano Bar.  We went there on the 1st annual Roomie Weekend (which was also in Fort Worth) so everyone wanted to make a repeat.  From there we saw Aisha Tyler at the Improv and got to sit on the front table right by the stage!  Aisha Tyler is the girl who played Charlie on Friends and was on Ghost Whisperer and was really funny.

Lindsay is not in this picture....she fell asleep during the show (it had been a LONG day!) and was too embarrassed to meet her!!

We topped the weekend off with Sunday brunch at Blue Mesa.  It was yummy!  I look forward to this weekend all year long and it never disappoints!  These are three friends that I am going to be close to for the rest of my life and that makes me so happy. :)

1 comment:

Collin and Marisa said...

It looks like you had a great weekend! The chocolate festival looks incredible! We have eaten at Chef Point. I agree, it's a great little stop in NRH.
-Marisa