Sunday, November 05, 2006

Meet Me In St. Louis....

For the past month, I don't think I've spent one weekend at home.....Atlanta, Houston, Austin, and this weekend on Emily's National Tour....St. Louis! I went for the National Association of Women MBAs conference (the one that was in Boston last year). To make a long weekend's story short, went to some speakers/panels, saw the arch, feared for my life driving down the most dangerous street in the most dangerous city in the USA, and flew first class on the way home. :) Here are some pictures from the weekend.....thanks to Vineeta for actually carrying a camera!

The Mandatory Arch Picture:

The Mandatory "Us in Front of the Arch" Picture:

What happens when you tell people walking in suits to turn around? You get a picture that looks like a cheesey ad for the new Law & Order coming on.
Waiting for a session to start:
Eating at a really fancy Italian restaurant. We wouldn't have gotten in the restaurant except that a lady at the airport recommended it and told us to drop her name with the hostess because she's a VIP there. They made an exception and seated us as a favor to her.....but only after a 1-1/2 hour wait and if we sat in a back room away from the other guests! We felt special and insulted all at the same time....

And that was my weekend! If I ever get pictures from the Houston trip (Ashley, it was less than 24 hours! I flew in at 10 am Thursday morning, had meals and ceremonies all day long, and flew out Friday at 6 am! Don't hate me for not calling!!) I'll post those too.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

Women MBA's? What's with the dude?

Emily said...

Our organizations arent' exclusive....for Atlanta, I was going to the National Black MBA Association conference! :)

Ty said...

Lucky dude!

Love the tag line. I can remember watching the movie (Judy Garland, I think, whom I normally shun, but I was 10 and had no choice). . . now I hate the tag line! I can't get the song out of my head!

Deb said...

those are totally Panera Bread boxes in that one picture, aren't they? I'm almost as good at spotting that logo as the Starbucks logo. ha. =)

Deb said...

P.S. I got a dress today. =)