Thursday, December 14, 2006

I love the smell of rubber in the morning....

This morning I had to be at work at 7:30, so I get up extra early so I won't have to battle traffic on my way. As I get off the freeway and go through my first light, my car starts shaking a little bit. As I go through my next light, it all of a sudden feels like I hit a giant log or something and then just goes nuts. I smell burning rubber and see white smoke everywhere, so I pull over and find this:
Needless to say, I was not at work at 7:30. Apparently no one in North Richland Hills knows how to change a tire (including me!) so I had to wait and hour for a guy my dad knew to come and help me and got to work at 9am. Oh yeah, and I wore white pants to work today. Perfect for digging around greasy tire-changing stuff. What a great start to a day...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That stinks! I had one of those outside Eastland, TX, and both my spares went flat too, It was fun, but I wasn't in a hurry to get to work, I'd much rather have AAA tow me to a store when I don't have to be anywhere.

Anonymous said...

what on earth happened to that tire??!! I've never seen anything like that! Quite the exciting way to start your day!

Ashley N said...

Oh my gosh! Did the tire just disintegrate? What happened?

SubBlogger said...

that's the worst tire I've ever seen! I'm glad you were OK.