Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Couple of Random Posts

So I was just going to post about the Davey O'Brien dinner that I went to on Monday, but found a picture on my camera that I had to post first:


Kroger - you officially got grocery stores "Off Notice." I found these 2 days after I posted my open letter. And of course, my mom came through with another box on Valentine's Day as well. :)

Now for the real post:

This Monday, I was lucky enough to score a seat at the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award Dinner. This year's winner was Troy Smith from Ohio State. The dinner was absolutely fantastic! Gourmet food at the Fort Worth Club combined with a few celebrities always equals a good time... I met Troy Aikman, saw Eric Crouch, and actually hung out with Jim McMahon, Gino Torretta, and a couple other former winners after the dinner was over! And of course, met Troy Smith.

I didn't get any pictures at the actual dinner because it wasn't exactly an event suited to taking candid pictures without looking completely stupid, but here are a couple I got later in the evening.

Me and Jim McMahon

My friend Erin from TCU, Gino Torretta, Me, another winner I can't remember the name of (anyone recognize him?), and some guy they call "Doc"


Overall, it was a really fun night! I won't be doing consulting work for the O'Brien Foundation next year, but maybe I can find a way to get a ticket again! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So wouldn't you know, Mom's valentine candy gets upstaged by Jim McMahon...who is Jim McMahon anyway?!