Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Quick Question

I am in San Jose this week for work, so I'll have more to post about Chicago and California later, but for now I am wondering about something:

In DFW, radio stations are very genre-specific. One is basically top 20 hits, one alternative rock, a few rap/r&b, classic rock, oldies, jazz, etc. You know exactly what kind of music you're going to get.

Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, all of the radio stations out here are so insanely random I can't figure out what I'm listening to! It will play a song by Miley Cyrus...followed by some motown....followed by some disco....then some Coldplay....then Snoop Dogg....then Colbie Callait....then Aerosmith. So if you're hoping to hear a certain type of music, you are out of luck. It's driving me nuts!

So I have two questions:
1) Is the Bay Area weird with the random stations, or is Texas the odd man out with defined genres? I'd especially like to hear from anyone out there who doesn't live in DFW area.

2) Which would you rather have? Stations where you know what you're going to get, or all random ecclectic mixes of music?

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I like to leave it on a station untill they play a song that I have never heard, it is a fun game on trips. It works best with oldies, 80's and christian music.

Jenn said...

i like it here in texas thank you very much. jack fm here is kinda like that, but then again, you DO know what to expect... anything.

:o)