Friday, July 11, 2008

Thanksgiving already?

This morning, I was driving into work as usual. As I was about to pull onto our campus, I had to stop under the bridge at 114 to avoid an animal in the road. You're probably thinking dog, cat, maybe at weirdest some kind of livestock.....wrong. The animal that I had to avoid was a WILD TURKEY! There was a wild turkey just walking along, hanging out under the highway like it was totally normal. It didn't seem freaked out or anything. By far the oddest thing I've ever experienced in my morning commute!
I didn't have a camera with me, but this is almost exactly what it looked like.

1 comment:

Lynn Leaming said...

We were in Omaha for the 4th and Steve's mom lives on 10 acres. We saw a Turkey with 20 babies!! I didn't have the camera outside either, and then not again when a momma dear and two fawn were in the yard. You think I would learn to keep it on me when I go outside :)