Thursday, May 26, 2005

Creepy Crawlies Part Deux

I just killed the biggest brown recluse I've ever seen. And where was it you ask? In MY bathroom! Not the downstairs one where most of the others have been. This means I will not sleep at all tonight and there will be about 15 sheet checks during the night. Ugh! I now feel like there are about 20 different brown recluses crawling all over me. I took a picture of it and Ben is trying to tell me its not a brown recluse. Once I figure out how to post pictures, I post it so you can see what I have to live with.

Edited to add:
So Ben wakes me up at 4 am to show me a spider in the computer room in order to make fun of me saying it was a brown recluse. Then he tried to catch it and realized he'd never seen a spider move that fast before. My answer was "THAT'S BECAUSE IT IS A BROWN RECLUSE!!" So then I showed him the picture I took along with a couple of pictures printed off the internet of brown recluses and he said, 'Yup, thats a brown recluse.' Never doubt my eye when it comes to spiders!

3 comments:

Katie McB. said...

I am telling you, CALL JOHN GOODMAN!

Trey Laminack said...

I heard that the average american swallows about seven spiders in their sleep every year. It seems they like the heat and humidity of the mouth and we swallow automatically during the night.

Lindsey said...

My fear of bugs crawling on me began when I saw an episode of Chicago Hope or ER, I can't remember. A person woke up with a roach inside of their ear. It had crawled in during the night. After seeing that episode, I'm terrified a bug is going to crawl into my ear, and I will have to feel it crawling.