Friday, June 24, 2005

New Book

I love reading. I love going to Barnes and Noble and just wandering around for hours looking at all the books that I hope to eventually read before finally picking the one that I am going to buy. I like finding obscure authors and reading all of their books, sometimes finding good ones and sometimes finding bad ones. The summer is the perfect time for me to exercise this hobby because during the school year I have too much required reading to do. Even though I don't do a lot of the required reading, I just feel guilty reading something else instead. Now that VBS is over, I finally have time to start reading again. So I will be occasionally posting the current book I am reading and my armchair-critics view of it.

The first book in my summer run is Dean Koontz's Velocity. I actually bought this on an impulse at the grocery store yesterday. I really like Dean Koontz and the display consisted of a picture of a note saying, "If you don't take this not to the police and get them involved, I will kill a lovely blond schoolteacher somwhere in Napa County. If you do take this note to the police, I will instead kill an elderly woman active in charity work. You have six hours to decide. The choice is yours." Dean Koontz is really an interesting author because in the middle of his mystery novels, he always inserts a great message about faith and redemption and God. It is really cool the way he does it without making it too corny like a lot of Christian authors. I can't wait to get into this one! See you later!

2 comments:

SubBlogger said...

I love Dean Koontz I was consumed by "Doorway to Heaven" a while back. It has a girl named Leilani Klonk and was so strange and wonderfully weird.

Jenn said...

i cannot even go to a book or card store anymore. i ALWAYS have a sudden and horrible need to go to the bathroom... i just avoid them now. i order books on line.