Monday, June 20, 2005

Texas Rangers and Beach Boys

Katie, Stephen, and I went to the Rangers game on Saturday night. We had great seats and the 4 homeruns in the first 2 innings weren't bad either. But the highlight was the Wells Fargo Fireworks show after the game. They played Beach Boys music and timed the fireworks to match the music that was playing. It was the best fireworks show I have ever seen. So we started talking about what songs we thought would be played. Stephen mentioned Kokomo and I really didn't think it would be played because I didn't think it was a Beach Boys song. So I started arguing that it wasn't Beach Boys - it was the band Cocktail. I just KNEW it was Cocktail because I had a tape when I was little with that song on it that I used to listen to every night before I went to sleep. I knew that Cocktail sang Kokomo, until Stephen informed me the the band Beach Boys sang Kokomo on the MOVIE Cocktail! I have spent my entire life thinking that a band named Cocktail sang that song when I actually had the movie soundtrack. It could have been worse, but it certainly wasn't the least embarrassing moment of my life. What are some things you've believed for a long time that turned out not to be true? Lets all share our semi-embarrassing moments and then go get a sno cone to ease the pain.

2 comments:

Web Bulimic said...

This is the funniest post I've read all week.

Emily said...

I'm glad my stupidity can bring a smile to someone's face. Isn't that what blogging is all about?