Sunday, June 26, 2005

"...And he's single!"

I am 22 years old, female, and I'm single. Apparently, this has placed a large sign on my back saying "SET ME UP!!! INTRODUCE ME TO GUYS!!!" I cannot even begin to tell you how many times people have told me that they have a guy I should meet. Even tonight at the Hip Pocket Theatre (read Lindsey's blog for the full story of this event!) we were talking to a guy who worked there about this pirate picnic they are having and he said, "...and 3 of the pirates are single!" Even complete strangers are trying to fix us up!

There is one person that actually goes further than just mentioning people to me - Gary Cooper. It seems that Gary Cooper's sole purpose in life right now is to get me married off because every time I see him, he has a new "special friend" to introduce me to. He seeks me out at church to introduce me to the boy of the week or to tell me how much he wishes I had been at the wedding the night before because he had a guy to introduce me to there. And here's the thing...I don't mind at all! I mean, if you're going to tell me there is a guy that would be good for me, at least do me the courtesy of introducing me! Now someone just needs to go one step further and actually set me up...I like tall guys.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hey, so when are we meeting up with the other sno cone club. I suggest Thursday night.

Emily said...

Not this thursday, my mom's jewlrey party is then. It will probably have to be next week sometime.

Jenn said...

aaarrrrrgh hope they shiver your timbers!