Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I don't even know what to title this one!

On Wednesdays, I am in class from 12:30 - 2pm and then again from 4pm until 10pm. So today I decided to spend my 2 hour break in Panera close to campus where I could eat my lunch/dinner and use their wireless internet. Its a nice atmosphere, not too busy, comfortable seating, and great food.

So while I am here, I got an email from a company that wants to bring me in for second rounds asking me to call their admin to make the travel arrangements. I call her and she asks if she can put me on hold. As with a lot of holds, it had some nice classical music playing in the background, but I noticed that I was hearing it in both ears.....the music on the hold was the EXACT SAME music that was playing over the speakers in Panera, synchronized and everything! Two completely different companies in two cities playing the same music at the same time. How weird is that??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she was sitting behind you.

Anonymous said...

Or maybe she works at Panera and she was tricking you into thinking you were applying for some other job!

Jenn said...

i've had the same experience. sitting on hold somewhere and calling another place and getting placed on hold simultaneously. i told ira about it and he was all, duh, satellite radio...