Saturday, October 14, 2006

Interview Weekend

Dell certainly knows how to treat their candidates! They put me up at the Round Rock Marriott on the Concierge Level - the top floor where you have to slide your room key before the elevator will work. The concierge took me on a tour of the hotel when I first got there, my room had a king size bed with down comforters and pillows, (actually, it was probably that synthetic down stuff b/c of people with allergies, but insanely comfortable nonetheless) and every time I needed anything, the front desk knew exactly who I was and why I was there.

The interview day was long, but great. I had to be in the hotel lobby at 6:30am, and the day was full of different presentations, meet and greet receptions, and of course, interviews. And the BEST (read sarcasm here) part of the day was when I ventured into Austin in the evening and had my first experience with the fun traffic in the city. I guess I'm just going to have to accept the fact that Fort Worth has exceptionally good traffic and if I end up moving, I'm going to have to deal with bad traffic.

All in all, it was a good time. Not my last interview of the year, but definitely a good one.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

yikes! you are such a grown up! I think I would die if I had to interview somewhere :(

brandonckennedy said...

Emily. You are staying about 10 minutes from my house. If you are still in town you should come to our church tomorrow (Round Rock Church of Christ). Let me know if you need directions.

On the subject of traffic... I grew up in Ft. Worth and went to school in little bitty oklahoma. The longest commute I ever had was to Arlington which took about 40 minutes. That was what I expected in Austin as well. Boy was I wrong! It takes me around an hour to get 20 miles to my work. Who would've thought? I'm so used to Ft. Worth where it takes 20 minutes to get anywhere most of the time and 30 if there's traffic...grr.... I'm glad I have an iPod and Podcasts, otherwise the traffic would drive me insane.

Emily said...

Hey thanks for the info! I ended up leaving yesterday, so I was back at home already. But if I come out there again, I'll definitely give you a call!