Saturday, October 14, 2006

Interview Weekend

Dell certainly knows how to treat their candidates! They put me up at the Round Rock Marriott on the Concierge Level - the top floor where you have to slide your room key before the elevator will work. The concierge took me on a tour of the hotel when I first got there, my room had a king size bed with down comforters and pillows, (actually, it was probably that synthetic down stuff b/c of people with allergies, but insanely comfortable nonetheless) and every time I needed anything, the front desk knew exactly who I was and why I was there.

The interview day was long, but great. I had to be in the hotel lobby at 6:30am, and the day was full of different presentations, meet and greet receptions, and of course, interviews. And the BEST (read sarcasm here) part of the day was when I ventured into Austin in the evening and had my first experience with the fun traffic in the city. I guess I'm just going to have to accept the fact that Fort Worth has exceptionally good traffic and if I end up moving, I'm going to have to deal with bad traffic.

All in all, it was a good time. Not my last interview of the year, but definitely a good one.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

yikes! you are such a grown up! I think I would die if I had to interview somewhere :(

Emily said...

Hey thanks for the info! I ended up leaving yesterday, so I was back at home already. But if I come out there again, I'll definitely give you a call!