Thursday, March 08, 2007

I Hate Apartment Living!!

I have been living in apartments for the last 4 years. I know that it requires a certain amount of maintenance, but I am seriously being driven insane. At my apartment in Abilene they always seemed to wait until I was ready to take a nap before they invariably started leafblowing or mowing or something extremely loud and annoying. I was so excited when I moved out of there thinking that I wouldn't have to deal with this phenomenon anymore....until recently.

I am really starting to believe that the maintenance workers from University Park Apartments all decided to move to Fort Worth and started working at River Park Place. For the past month, it seems like I am never in my apartment without somebody outside my window with some sort of motorized something that is so loud I can't do anything! Right now at 5:45pm, I'm sitting on my couch with my television up almost as loud as it will go and I can't hear what is going on because of a stupid leafblower! Add to that the incessant sound of planes from Lockheed Martin down the road and the BNSF train that rolls through and blasts its horn as loud as possible several times a day and I'm in corporate Fort Worth noise pollution hell! If I have to deal with noise, can't I at least be in a fun location? I can't wait until May when I'm out of here...downtown living is definitely the place for me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Funk Town might not be here if not for the Lockheed Jets flying over....think about it!

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

well at least you get to see beautiful downtown every day....

but I know what you mean about leafblowers...gee whiz


hope you're getting better. Watch out for that prednisone it'll get ya every time....

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

now I have to hear the prednisone making you insane story....pretty much the worst I've heard it doing is sending a non-diabetic into diabetic ketoacidosis from super elevated blood sugars....

did you discover you're allergic or did they have you on too high a dosage?

Emily said...

Too high dosage. Coming off of it has made me nuts...broke down in the middle of an Advanced Financial test, when I talk I stumble over words and sound like I'm drunk or something, can't form coherent sentences verbally...its been awful. I've been hiding out in my office trying not to talk to anyone for 3 days now because I sound like an absolute moron!