Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Milk on a shelf?

I am not a morning person. When I have to get up for work, I basically get out of bed with just enough time to get ready, grab a Diet Dr. Pepper to drink in the car and run out the door. Needless to say, not much time for breakfast in there.

Everyone is always talking about how breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so lately I've been trading in my Dr. Pepper for a Slim-Fast shake...not quite a full breakfast, but definitely an improvement. For the first time today, I've noticed the first ingredient on the list: Fat Free Milk. Now I know that I bought these off of a shelf - not in a refrigerated section. For the past two weeks I've been drinking milk that has been sitting out on a shelf. Does anyone else think that's kinda weird?

4 comments:

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

I think it's specially preserved so that it won't spoil....like canned foods, evaporated milk, etc.

Unknown said...

In some places in Europe, you can't get refrigerated milk, so it must be alright . . . right?

Wezie said...

Read the rest of the ingredients. The one's you can't pronounce are the ones that make the milk last for almost forever (check out the expiration date).

stacey4 said...

Yeah! You can't think about that stuff to much or it will really get to you!!! I always get the heebie jeebies when I drink that stuff.