Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My Newest Nightmare....

I'm sitting in an interrogation room, 3 gray walls, 1 wall of observation mirrors, 1 cold, steel table, and a faceless person. There are people on the other side of the mirror, and I know that they will soon be deciding my fate. I'm sweating, dreading the next hour or so and trying to figure out how I got here in the first place.

Then the faceless person starts throwing out the questions, straight up Jack Bauer style: "Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it!" "Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way!" "Tell me about a recent situation in which you had to deal with a very upset customer or co-worker!" "WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK HERE??" "ANSWER ME!!!"

Before long, I'm in the corner, crouched in a fetal position, shaking with terror. I can't remember anything I've ever done or any jobs I've worked. I am certain that at any second they're going to figure out that I'm a fraud and drop me off in the woods to be eaten by coyotes. Or at least killed by Trey's "meeting ninjas" that decide to storm the interrogation room. I really hate interviewing. I've gone to 3 in the past month and have about 4 more lined up over the next couple of weeks. If only the meeting ninjas would come and put me out of my misery right now!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

yikes. My newest dreaming thing, is an appearance by Kristen McKeever in every scene. It's creeping me out. Dude, good luck with the interviewing, I'm sure I will have similar dreams in about a month.